Monday, October 10, 2005

The cast and Crew

Okay, so if I’m going to do this regularly, there are some people I should introduce…you are gonna see their names plenty.  As I said in the last post, Good Drivers and Good EMT’s are everything.  I’m truly fortunate to have an outstanding regular crew, and others that come play with us from time to time.  

I’m Chris (no kidding huh) I’ve been in EMS for about 7 yrs now, and just typing that I can hardly believe it.  I never thought I’d do this, but that is another story, for another day.  I lead the crew, and basically am just here out of a twisted sense of a good time.

Cat is Catherine, she’s my wife and the other medic on the crew.  Her day job is also as a Medic, so she’s either addicted or stubborn on that front.  I’m getting her set up here as a poster, so I’m SURE you’ll hear from her.  Running with my wife is a lot of fun, I recommend it to most people. there are stories for another day there too.  She is a much better technician than I am, and if you absolutely, positively gotta have a line, she’s the one to call.  She’s upgrading her NREMT-I to P and plans to go to RN from there.  She has a twin who only comes on the unit for early am runs for BS calls, but we won’t talk about her. (grin)

Wayne – He’s my driver, I know Jon drove for me on the last posting, but that’s because Wayne was out of town.  Wayne is an EMT and Firefighter, and possibly the best driver I’ve ever known.  He knows where we are going on almost every call prior to my cracking the map open, and has mastered the fine art of hauling ass without killing us in the back.  He works on fire equipment for a living, plays poker and pool, and I’ve seen entire 12 packs of beer quiver when he passes.  I’ve been in the mess a couple times, and he is always there.  He’s dependable in a way that you only read about, and I’m glad he chose to drive for me.

Jen – She’s our rookie, though she’s fast outgrowing that moniker.  She recently graduated from college and wants to be a forensic anthropologist (see BONES on TV for more on that field) when she grows up.  She came for a ride-alone on new year’s eve, and we caught some interesting calls.  She came back to ride again and got hooked.  Next thing she new, she had her EMT certification and for months was the biggest Code Magnet I’d ever seen.  She’s smart and focused, and knows her stuff better than she thinks.  She swears that she’s awful with patients, but is too new to know that everyone feels that way a month out of class.  I have a soft spot for her because she puts up with a LOT of trash from everyone, though Wayne and I are the biggest source.  Besides, she is just like me when I joined, only a lot cuter.

Okay, so that is my team.  I’m lucky – I got to pick them by hand.  I’ll put them up against any situation hands down.  I also get to run with a pretty solid engine crew most nights, but I’ll introduce them later.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi and nice to meet you all. we just got started on doing a blog. i had to look up what it means first. hubby and i work together, though we debate quitting nearly every shift. love the job, hate the politics. we often joke we could hope to be terminated, get food stamps and medicaid, and do better. but then..that chopper call comes..
our blog is http://todayinthefoxnews.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home