Thursday, March 09, 2006

Instant Karma?

Okay, so I posted the below story about my beloved wife handing me..well you read it. Anyway, I'm not usually a "Put a thought into the universe..and it will manifest and come back to you" sort of guy. That said, a quick update. Cat and I have duty tonight, right now in fact, but I am home not feeling well, so Cat is there with Wayne (Tess has class tonight, so she's not there yet). So, instead of our massive four man crew, it's just the two of them.

I just got a call and was informed that my life is in danger. It seems that Cat just got sent down to Quantico (hoo rah) to pick up a Congestive Heart Failure patient from the clinic. That's about 3rd due south of us, and a pretty good run. In her words to me: "When I get home I'm wringing your neck. You send me here, and that CHFer crashes on me. They got no veins, so I get the IV on the 4th try. I have to tube them, I pushed Lasix, Morphine AND Versed....you are SO dead." I managed not to laugh out loud. A bit of Captain came out and I asked if she made sure to follow our Protocols, which are WAY too tight, and not her's from work. "Yeah, Had to call twice to get more med orders, but I got them all." Apparently, she talked to the new doc at the ER...a lady I do not know. I told her to tell the doc that if she keeps letting us be aggressive, I'll buy her dinner. More to come...well for ME for sure, I'll make sure to update.

Guess we are even on that bucket....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home