Monday, March 05, 2007

Giving back

Okay, I owe a post. Thank you all to the continued support during this inactive (on here) period. I promise I’m digging out and will be back. In the mean time…I have a request

Every year the St. Baldrick's foundation holds a series of events to raise money for children's cancer research. The Fire department I volunteer at is participating again this year and I have agreed to sign up.

To show support for the kids with cancer, I will be having my head shaved at the event to raise money. This is a great organization, and you are free to check them out on your own.

Please contribute, and if you would like to see me get my head shaved (I'll post pics here) then signup to contribute at:

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ShaveeID=10160

I receive none of the money, nor do I want any of it. For those wary of things internet, check out the organization, they do great things for great kids.

Hats off to all of you out there.
Chris

3 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger MedicChris said...

OK, To show that I really do have faith in them, the first dollars in the bucket at St.Baldrick's were my own.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger DTXMATT12 said...

CHRIS: Hope that all went well with the shaving of your melon. I spent the night on daddy duty and had my drunken brother call me to say that he raised $400 for shaving his beard and his head. Congratulations for all your good work. I have been busy on my blog...

DTXMATT12

 
At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every one was so mean in this generation. But the people like u are still there to help others. I really appreciate your efforts in raising fund for cancer people.

Thanx & Regards,
Senna Leaves, Senna, Senna Pods, Senna Stems

 

Post a Comment

<< Home